These packing tips will be useful to both the newbie and seasoned travelers of the world:
- Get some tunes going to make the ordeal a little less stressful.
- Make a list so you don’t forget something important, like your cellphone charger or worldwide voltage adapter!
- Gather packing supplies, such as elastic bands and plastic bags.
- Roll your clothes to maximize space, don’t fold them.
- Secure rolled clothes with a rubber band to keep them compact.
- Ensure you haven’t mistakenly packed any “straggler wear” that just won’t go with anything.
- Condense all your creams, lotions, mouthwash, and other potions into the smallest containers possible — then seal them in a Ziploc.
- Make sure you have a voltage adapter for the country you’re heading to (this could save you plenty of cash, since travel destinations will soak you for these).
- Make use of any extra nooks and crannies such as the insides of your shoes, makeup bag, or shaving kit, to further maximize space
- Weigh your bag at home — I suppose this will give you an opportunity to drop some weight and avoid extra fees, but I wouldn’t suggest arguing with the staff at the airport if your numbers and theirs don’t align. They will have access to your property when it leaves your sight after all!