The Eastern Bloc area of Europe boasts some of the most historical landmarks and modernized cities found anywhere in the whole of the continent.
Here’s a list of the most inexpensive cities you can stay in for less than $40 USD a day — 7 of them cost less than $30 a day!
Europe’s 10 Cheapest Travel Cities — And Their Per-Day Cost to Stay:
- Zagreb Croatia: $39 a day
- Warsaw Poland: $36 a day
- Budapest Hungary: $32 a day
- Belgrade, Serbia: $28 a day (wow!)
- Kiev, Ukraine: $26 a day
- Riga, Latvia: $26 a day
- Sarajevo, Bosnia: $26 a day
- Krakow, Poland: $25 a day
- Sofia, Bulgaria: $25 a day
- Bucharest, Romania: $23 a day
I was shocked by this list. How about you? These are anything but hole-in-the-wall places.
Krakow, here I come!