These 4 tips are all you need to see Europe on the cheap:
Madman’s tips for traveling Europe on the cheap:
- Travel off-season to make your cash last — middle of fall, middle of spring are both the most inexpensive times to travel most of Europe (this is mostly to save money on the flight, accommodations, and certain events.)
- Stay in hostels or shared apartments — this is a given, he recommends hostelworld.com to find hostels and airbnb.com for apartments (hostels are a great experience
- Use buses when possible — Eurail is cheap also. If you know you’re going to be moving about a lot, you can purchase a pass for one, a few, or all of Europe for very little money (compared to plane and single destination train tickets.)
- Use your student ID — even if you’re not in school (lol!) Can’t say much for this one.
Bonus money saving tips for Euro travel:
- Use grocery stores instead of eating out all the time.
- If you’re going out to the bars, employ pre-drinking your store bought liquor and beer beforehand.