Spain isn’t the cheapest place to travel, and Barcelona being the capital is perhaps the most expensive of all. Still it’s a place you have to visit at least once if you truly love to travel.
8 things to do and try in Barcelona:
- Try a Paella dish. Considered Spain’s national dish. Paella originated in Valencia and you should definitely try it at least once. I’m not a fan, but to each his/her own.
- Lots of old world architecture to see.
- Walk around and enjoy the many parks and street attractions.
- Make sure to check out the street markets. Barcelona has the biggest markets in Europe. Fresh food and produce is a must in Catalan culture.
- Take an afternoon siesta. Don’t worry, you won’t have police hassling you if you decide to sprawl out on a bench as seen in the video!
- Have a fiesta. Mojitos are a must in Barcelona. Love the “free pour” policy too!
- Learn the language!
- Sprawl out on a beach. Take a dip in the Mediterranean then work on your tan!