Nomadic Matt is one of the most popular budget travel bloggers/vloggers online. He’s been doing his travel thang since the late 90’s and started his blog in the early 2000’s, long before most of the other travel blog noise existed online.
Matt’s Budget Tips:
- Read “How to Travel the World on $50 a Day” (Haven’t read it, but seen it recommended more than once).
- https://www.google.com/flights/ (Who knew it could be that easy?)
- Don’t pre-book too far in advance (Deals might present themselves while you’re traveling).
- “No-Fee” ATM and credit cards (If you’re bank don’t have em’, leave em’ for one that does).
- Book flights well in advance (Matt recommends a few months in advance, but 6 is better).
- Hostels, couchsurfing, house sitting (Love couchsurfing.com You can’t beat free!)
- Alcohol kills budgets (and brain cells!)
- Don’t worry about having tons of dough before you go (There’s always a job to be had in most countries).
Leave your own budget tips in the comments please.
Main image by Craig James