It’s easy to put your travel dreams in the back of your mind and force yourself to trudge on with the mundane and unfulfilling things most of us occupy our lives with every day.
Too easy, isn’t it?
That’s why I decided to put together this compilation of travel quotes today. It’s officially half way through Monday here in EST land.
What are you doing right now?
Perhaps deciding whether you want to eat chicken or fish for dinner tonight — or what television show you’ll boot up on the DVR before bed?
Hopefully at least a few of these will resonate and you can decide instead whether you’re going to head to Fiji or Hawaii this weekend for some sun and sand!
Enjoy and be inspired:
1. “Travel not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping you.”
2. “Say yes and you’ll figure it out afterwards.”
3. “Travel makes one modest. You get to see what a small space you occupy in this world.”
4. “Life is a book and those who do not travel only read one page!”
5. “It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you.”
6. “There are a lot of stories out there waiting for you to live them.”
7. “Once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return.”
8. “If a man would move the world, he must first move himself.”
9. “Live, travel, adventure and don’t be sorry.”
10. “I love the feeling of being anonymous in a city I’ve never been before.”
11. “When you feel like you have to leave your familiar surroundings to discover new places. It is the need for distance, the wish to experience something far away from home, the urge to escape from your everyday life by travelling.”
12. “The truth is, most of us discover where we are headed when we arrive.”
13. “If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.”
14. “The mountains are calling and I must go!”
15. “In the end, we only regret the chances we did not take.”
16. “Live life with no excuses and travel with no regrets.”
17. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return — life — and travel leave marks on you.”
18. “Nothing behind me. Everything in front of me, as is ever so on the road.”
19. “Just get out there. It’s better to have a life of ‘oh wells’ than ‘what ifs’.”
20. “Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than those you did. So throw away all the bowlines. Sail away from the safety of the harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream, discover.”
21. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”
22. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
23. “The journey is my home.”
24. “Travel is rebellion in it’s purest form.”
25. “There are no wrong turnings, only paths we had no idea we were meant to walk.”
26. “Traveling — It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
27. “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.”
28. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not BIG enough.”
29. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”
30. “To travel is to live.”
Main image by Lies Thru a Lens