From security to portable charging, to a single wireless communication hub for all your devices, there’s some cool travel gadgets coming out this year:
Here’s a rundown of the gadgets, their prices in USD, and standout features:
- Anti-Theft Urban Tablet Messenger Under $65. Two roomy zip compartments
Including padded front compartment for iPad or tablet. Rear compartment is fleece lined to protect from scratches. Interior organizer with RFID blocking card and passport slots. Magnetic front flap close compartment and rear zip pocket for quick grab items. Tethered key clip with LED light.
- Packable Travel Bag Under $40. From Travelon, this small 8.75 x 7 x 1.25 pouch is actually the Packable Travel bag. It opens to a full size carry-on with large front zip pocket and 2 side zip pockets. Carry pouch becomes interior pocket for more packing and storage. Adjustable shoulder strap too. Made of lightweight, water and stain resistant rip stop material.
- MyCharge All-Terrain $39.99 & Up. A portable charger designed to go anywhere. Military grade exterior is water, temperature, dirt and shockproof. The All-Terrain is available in two models ¬ a 3000 mAh All-Terrain Plus and 6000 mAh All-Terrain Max. Hyper-Charge charges your smartphone – including the new iPhone6 Plus – up to 30% faster than the Apple-supplied charger. The All Terrain Plus has a retail of $39.99 while the All-Terrain Max has an Retail of $59.99.
- Keveneau. Cigarette Light/Charger, in to audio system BTC455 Bluetooth
- Satechi Smart Travel Router/Adapter Under $50. This is a plug that adapts to fit into four of the most common plug configurations used around the world. A built-in travel router features four different modes for your wireless networking needs on the road. There are also two options provided to charge your device: an AC power port and a USB port.
- FOLD ‘N GO ELEPHANT Under $25. (This is a preview for Fall Travel.) Pack up a portable friend! The floppy, friendly, and super soft elephant is the perfect travel companion for little ones. Lots of features for sensory play, including a rattle, a clicker, a mirror, a squeaker, a crinkly ear, and more! For fun on the go, the elephant folds up into a compact form with his ear doubling as a handle. Coming fall 2015. It’s to entertain those ages 3 months & up.
The Anti-Theft Urban Messenger looks bad#**! RFID blocking is an absolute essential in this day and age, and the “cut-proof” straps make this bag a must for any traveler.
Absolutely stoked about the Satechi Smart Travel Router. Though few places don’t offer wireless in this day and age, you never know and the USB and AC charging ports will come in quite handy wherever you go.
Happy and safe travels!
Main image by Kuba Bożanowski